The official name of Cornerstone College is “Cornerstone International Community College of Canada,” and it has two campuses located in the centre of Vancouver, British Columbia, on the West Coast of Canada. Cornerstone College is a private institution that has been in the education industry for 40 years.

There are two helpful websites. The first one is the federal government’s website, which compiles a list of colleges and universities across Canada where registered individuals can obtain a student permit. The federal government assigns a registration number, or Designated Learning Institution (DLI), to each institution. Remember to use the drop-down menu to search for British Columbia and then type “Cornerstone” to find the college’s DLI. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-institutions-list.asp

The second website is the government of the province of British Columbia:


We have nine study and work diplomas: Hospitality Management, Customer Relations, International Business Management, Digital Marketing, Advanced Digital Marketing, UI/UX Design, Web Development, Mobile App Development, and Network and System Solutions. We also have English as a Second Language programs.

We have nine study and work diplomas: Hospitality Management, Customer Relations, International Business Management, Digital Marketing, Advanced Digital Marketing, UI/UX Design, Web Development, Mobile App Development, and Network and System Solutions. We also have English as a Second Language programs.

No. In Canada, language classes (English, French, or any other) do not grant the possibility of a work permit.

    1. The first step is to determine the program and the date you want to start the classes.

    1. Then you must complete the online application form and attach a copy of your passport.

    1. At the same time, we need to know your current level of English to decide if you meet the admission requirements for your chosen program.

    1. Once your level of English is considered adequate, we will send you an invoice so that you can proceed to make the first payment.

    1. Within 48 hours of receiving the payment, the College will send you a letter of acceptance.

    1. With the letter, you can start the second process, which is the application for a student and/or work permit at the nearest Canadian Embassy.

We can guide you through the process by advising you on the type of permit you need, the processing time, and where to find the official information. If you tell us about your case, we can advise you and determine if you need legal representation.

The college provides support to students during their co-op period, helping them with tasks such as writing a Canadian resume, preparing cover letters, communicating with employers, and applying for jobs. CICCC also offers regular workshops on job interviews, job search strategies, and familiarizing students with the Canadian work culture. The college maintains a job bank, connecting companies with students seeking employment and serving as a valuable link between students and potential employers.

The salary depends on the company, the type of job, and your previous work experience and studies. Generally, the more education and professional experience someone has, the higher their wage can be. According to Glassdoor.ca, the average co-op student salary in Canada is CAD 78,458.00 per year or  CAD 40.24 per hour. Entry-level positions start at CAD 43,412.00 per year, while most experienced workers make up to CAD 140,486.00 per year. 

The minimum age to participate in the English programs is 16 years old; however, we do not have an age limit. At Cornerstone College, age is not a limitation if you want to learn English. For Diploma programs, the minimum age is 18 years old or a high school graduate. There is no age limit for our diploma programs either. We have had students in their 40s, 50s, and 60s, and it has not been a limitation for them to learn.

    • Three months of health insurance that you can arrange through the college cost around CAD 186.00 (considering that the month has 31 days). The price per day is CAD 2.00.

    • The province’s health insurance costs CAD 75.00 per month. People who will be living in British Columbia for more than six months are eligible for provincial insurance. You can read more about health insurance here: https://ciccc.ca/medical-insurance-services-canada/

    • The monthly transportation pass starts at CAD 105.00. The further the accommodation, the more expensive the monthly pass.

    • Utilities are generally included in the monthly rent. You can spend around CAD 400.00 per month on meals if your accommodation option does not include them.

    • Although we have had students traveling with spouses and children, it depends on each case, and the College cannot guarantee what type of extra costs you will have in these cases.

    • Keep in mind that including family in your study permit application implies that you must demonstrate more savings to the Canadian government.

    • Only public and private colleges or universities able to grant degrees (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate) can guarantee that you can obtain a permit for your spouse.

If your study visa is denied, you can reapply for the study and/or work permit by improving the application. The Canadian government sends a letter stating why the visa was not approved. The College can send you a new letter of acceptance with an updated date (if applicable). You must send the College the visa refusal letter that the Embassy of Canada gives you. If you wish not to reapply for the study and/or work permit, you have the option of requesting a refund. In the same way, you must send us the visa refusal letter so that the accountant can calculate the refund. In general, the value of the application fee plus the CAD 80.00 administrative fee would be lost. All refunds are processed within 30 days of signing the refund calculation.

These are three scenarios that generally apply to our students upon graduation:

1) Students enroll in other schools or universities to obtain a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree; it is recommended to be in a public institution because of the easy access to these institutions once the students are physically in Canada. After one or two years of studying and/or working in Canada, their level of English usually meets or exceeds the language requirements of public universities.

2) Students find a company or employer that decides to support them in their immigration application with the Canadian government.

3) Students return to their country of origin due to various reasons, such as having projects to fulfill, returning to their family, or simply because they decided not to settle in Vancouver or Canada.

Becoming a permanent resident of Canada is a complex topic. Generally, no academic program can guarantee permanent resident status to students because it depends on factors such as age, previous studies, work experience, proficiency in English and/or French, travel history, and if you have a job offer in Canada at the time of application, among other things.

You can visit this website to learn more about current immigration programs:


For your minor dependents to access public school, you must have:

    1. A study permit for at least one year and a part-time job (20 hours per week).

    1. If you are coming with your spouse, he or she must also have a study or work permit for at least one year and a part-time job as well.

    1. They must also comply with registration dates and other guidelines established by each public school.

    1. We recommend that you read the information contained in the following link to learn more:


The minimum wage in the Province of British Columbia is CAD 16.75 per hour.

Want to know more about us?

Subscribe and receive our newsletter here