Network and System Solutions Specialist
Network and System Solutions Specialist diploma program is developed to meet the current industry demand for System Administrators, Network Technicians and Computer Engineers with context, concept, technology and practical skills. Classes focus on these areas of study and emphasize important skills like design and architecture, development and deployment, maintenance and troubleshooting skills.
The program focuses on learning the skills needed for IT Infrastructure Services. Students, through progressively intensive courses, will gain insights into basic computing technologies, hardware and software theories and network communications. Through virtualization and simulation with high relevancy to present field, students get hands-on practices to apply the design architecture and principles, computer and network operating system software, infrastructure components, Datacenter management, cloud computing and consolidation.
13 months In-class academic and experiential learning
1 month practicum and work experience
This program maps directly to the certification pathways for recognized industry designations and the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
• Identify the hardware components of personal computers and mobile digital devices and the basic components and functions of operating systems
• Install, configure and deploy Virtualization and Consolidation environments and manage and maintain Private and Public Cloud Infrastructure Services
• Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods and implement compliance and operational security measures
• Understand GNU and Unix Commands and Manage Devices, Linux File systems, File-system Hierarchy Standard
• Maintain Active Directory Domain Services and Manage User, Computer and Service Accounts with Organization Units and AD Site architecture
• Implement and configure Identify Management services with ADDS, ADFS, ADCS, ADRMS and provide high availability and load balancing and other critical infrastructure services.
• Plan and implement a virtualization administration solution by using System Center 2012 – Virtual Machine Manager
• Plan and implement a server monitoring strategy using the Windows Server 2012 tools and using Microsoft System Center 2012 –Operations Manager
• Design an Enterprise Campus in a hierarchical modular fashion using IP management, Borderless Networks and with Routers and switches, and design a modern data center using Cisco Systems and industry best practices
• Understand the Key concepts of ITIL and important principles for improving IT operations
|Monday – Friday|
|5:00 PM – 9:00 PM|
Provide an IT Certification/Diploma Program aligning to industry certifications based on requirement by industry sponsored consortiums and corporations with CompTIA, Microsoft and Cisco, which includes the following:
A+ establishes best practices in troubleshooting, networking and security across a variety of devices to set the stage for IT careers. It covers PC hardware and peripherals, mobile device hardware, networking and troubleshooting hardware and network connectivity issues.
Cloud+ course validates the skills and expertise of IT practitioners in implementing and maintaining cloud technologies. Cloud+ accredits IT professionals with the constantly changing and advancing knowledge they need to be successful in today’s cloud environment.
Security+ is the course globally trusted to validate foundational, vendor-neutral IT security knowledge and skills. As a benchmark for best practices in IT security, this certification covers the essential principles for network security and risk management – making it an important stepping stone of an IT security career.
This course introduces Linux, Powered by LPI certifies foundational skills and knowledge of Linux. With Linux being the central operating system for much of the world’s IT infrastructure, Linux+ is an essential credential for individuals working in IT, especially those on the path of a Web and software development career.
Network+ is a vendor neutral networking certification that is trusted around the world. It validates the essential knowledge and skills needed to confidently design, configure, manage and troubleshoot any wired and wireless networks. CompTIA Network+ certified individuals are in-demand worldwide. Data networks are more crucial for businesses than ever before.
This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops and devices in a Windows Server domain corporate environment. These skills include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems and apps, and configure local and remote network connectivity and storage. Students will also learn how to configure data security, device security, and network security, and maintain, update, and recover Windows 10
This course covers implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on the initial implementation and configuration of core services, such as Networking, Storage, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, File and Print Services, and Hyper-V.
This course focuses on the administration tasks necessary to maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure such as configuring and troubleshooting name resolution, user and group management with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Group Policy, implementing Remote Access solutions such as Direct Access, VPNs and Web Application Proxy, implementing Network Policies and Network Access Protection, Data Security, deployment and maintenance of server images.
This course covers implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these three courses, this course primarily covers advanced configuration of services necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure.
In this course, students will learn how to plan and implement some of the more advanced features available in Windows Server 2012 which includes managing and maintaining a server infrastructure, planning and implementing a highly available enterprise infrastructure, planning and implementing a server virtualization infrastructure and design and implementing identity and access solutions.
This course covers the knowledge and skills to plan and implement a highly available, secure infrastructure with focus on Active Directory Federation Service (AD FS), public key infrastructure (PKI), and Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS). You will also learn the skills needed to plan and deploy virtual machines including self-service and automation of virtual machine deployments as well as planning and implementing a monitoring strategy that includes Microsoft System Center 2012 R2-Operations Manager.
This course is for entry-level network engineers that helps maximize your investment in foundational networking knowledge and increase the value of your employer’s network. CCNA Routing and Switching is for Network Specialists, Network Administrators, and Network Support Engineers. The CCNA Routing and Switching validates the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size routed and switched networks.
ITIL® is a set of best practices guidance that has become a worldwide-adopted framework for Information Technology Services Management (ITSM) by many Public & Private Organizations. Since early 1990, ITIL® has been evolving from focusing on Functions and Processes under versions 1 and 2 to focusing on the Full Service Lifecycle Management under current version. ITIL Foundation Certification is the entry level qualification which offers you a general awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL service lifecycle.
1 – High school graduation or equivalent; or 18 years of age.
2 – The minimum level of English language proficiency is one of the following:
- BC High School English 12 – minimum C (60% to 65%) or equivalent
- BC High School Communications 12 – minimum C+ (66%-70%) or equivalent
- TOEFL PBT – 513; CBT – 183; iBT – 65
- TOEIC – 620;
- IELTS – 5.5
- Cornerstone Placement Test – Level 5 (This test uses the Placement and Evaluation Package (Interchange Third Edition and Passages Second Edition from Cambridge University Press, 2008) or equivalent.