How to Improve Your English in 3 Months
How to Improve Your English in 3 Months?
If your mission is to improve your English in 3 months, then keep reading.
The best way that you can improve your English is to spend time in a country where English is the native language, like Canada.
By studying in a small class with a great teacher and a group of people with the same goals, you are sure to improve very quickly. (Of course, you must do your homework too! 😉 )
But English skills extend beyond the classroom because you want to make new friends, express yourself, get a job, talk to native speakers and be part of a new culture.
1. Why improve your English language skills?
English is the third most spoken language in the world. It is spoken in 67 countries by 400 million people and it is the official language in the business world.
Check the article out if you would like to learn the history of the English Language
Learning and improving your English skills will allow you to experience so many new things; people, places, cultures, friendships, jokes, books, movies, jobs, love, and more.
Everyone has a different goal and reason for improving their English. Whatever that goal and reason is, you can be sure that you will feel proud of every step along the way.
2. Importance of English communication skills
Communication is everything. The more you practice, the easier it becomes.
Try out new vocabulary in real-life contexts (if someone looks at you with a confused expression, you know it’s probably wrong. Don’t worry – move on!)
You can also improve your pronunciation. Pronunciation is not always easy, but the only way to improve is to move… your… mouth. It gets easier, we promise.
As well as speaking more, you should also listen more. Listening is a great skill to make new friends, but it also helps us to hear the correct pronunciation of words and discover new accents. Here is a list of good websites that can be helpful to improve your listening skills below.
Oh, and while we are talking about accents; don’t worry about yours! Everyone has an accent (really, think about it) and accents are a wonderful part of who you are. The only time your accent could be a problem is if your pronunciation is wrong.
But don’t worry, because you can improve your pronunciation by speaking more.
Talk to the shop assistant, the bus driver, the sweet old lady in the supermarket, join local hiking groups, join the gym, volunteer in your neighborhood. Find excuses to speak and be out of your comfort zone.
3. Benefits of Improving English Reading Skills
English reading skills are just as important as speaking, listening and writing skills! Whether you want to travel, study or just enjoy what the rest of the world has to offer!
When you improve your reading skills, you will learn new vocabulary and see it in context. You will learn different styles of writing and it will also help you with your own English writing skills.
It will even help you if you want to travel; you can book the best accommodation and learn about great places if you can understand more about them online!
You don’t have to read the entire series of Harry Potter books to improve your English reading skills – you can practice little by little and it will still improve your reading fluency.
But! You must read something every day. See the Top Tips to Learn English at the end of this blog for some great ways to do this.
4. Ways to Learn English Easily
Sorry guys, there is no simple step-by-step guide to learning a language. It is not going to be a straight road. Think of it more like walking up a mountain. There will be twists and turns, and difficult parts, and easy parts, and friendly people with great advice along the way.
But the thing that climbing a mountain and learning English have in common is that the feeling of achievement is awesome and exciting!
But there are things that you can do to prepare yourself for the journey.
Here are some top tips to learn English right below!!
- Expose yourself to the language every day
- Music, podcasts, movies, blogs, work, study, or listening to people on the bus!
- Follow subtitles on Netflix
- Watch something you have seen before so you can focus on the language, not just the story. Surely, you can follow any other streaming site!
- Get a job
- Find a job where you must speak English! And here are some good tips to find a job in Canada!
- Follow native English speakers on social media
- Read their posts and watch their videos. Celebrities and other famous people that you are interested in are a good option because you will be interested in what they are saying.
- Listen to your favorite English songs on repeat
- That truly helps to improve your pronunciation and vocabulary as well! Meanwhile, don’t forget to dance!
- Keep a journal
- Spend at least 10 minutes every day writing your thoughts and ideas. A great way to practice your past simple verbs is to write about what you did that day.
- Don’t be afraid to ask someone
- Never hesitate to repeat what they said or to help you with pronunciation. Better safe than embarrassed!
- Laugh at yourself
- It is scientifically proven that you learn a language better when you relax… and laughing is a great way to relax. Everyone makes mistakes and mistakes are how we learn. At least you will have a funny story to tell your new English-speaking friends.