All students who would like to register diploma programs or language courses must send a copy of the first page of their passport. Entrance requirements may vary for each sort of programs. Please follow all entrance requirements below.
Entrance Requirements for English Courses
All students who are enrolled in English courses will take the CICCC English Placement Test to help determine their level of English for placement in the appropriate class.
Entrance Requirements for Diploma Programs
All candidates for diploma programs will have to take the CICCC English Placement Test to help determine their level of English for placement in the appropriate class unless students present their other English proficiency scores. Students must meet with all requirements to be able to start diploma programs.
- High school graduation or equivalent; or 18 years of age. –
- The minimum level of English language proficiency required is one of the following:
- English 12 – minimum final grade “C”
- English Literature 12 – minimum grade “C”
- Communications 12 – minimum final grade “B”
- English 12 First Peoples – minimum final grade “C”
- Technical and Professional Communications 12 – minimum
- Grade “C” or AP English Language or Literature – minimum grade 3
- IB English Language A (SL) – minimum grade 3
- TOEFL PBT – 513; CBT – 183; iBT – 65;
- TOEIC – 620;
- ACADEMIC IELTS – 5.5, or Cornerstone Placement Test – High intermediate*
* Completing CICCC ESL Level intermediate or above is considered equivalent to achieving a score of high intermediate or above for the CICCC Placement Test.
** Knowledge of Computer basics may require for technical diploma programs
*** English requirements may change depending on each program. Please check program pages to make sure about required English level